Download this information here

Applying for a Council Home?

You may be seeking to move to a council owned home for many reasons such as;

If you have a child with additional needs such as physical disability or medical needs, you may be able to provide further information to the housing department which may enable more appropriate housing options (where available).

In the first instance, you must apply online to join the house register:


When completing your housing application, you should provide any requested documents or supporting evidence in relation to any medical needs.

Should support to clarify your child’s needs be required, such as physical needs, accessibility or mobility, you will be directed to request an Occupational Therapy assessment referred to as ‘Housing Options’ or ‘Health and Housing’. This assessment is completed by Birmingham’s Adult Occupational Therapy Service.

Link here.