Your local hospitals and community healthcare providers
Below is a list of your local hospitals and community healthcare providers:
- Birmingham Women’s’ and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust provides both the Children’s Hospital and the Women’s Hospital, as well as the community mental health service for children and young people (Forward Thinking Birmingham)
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital is a leading UK specialist paediatric centre, offering expert care to children and young people locally in Birmingham as well as from across the country.
- Birmingham Women’s Hospital provides a range of specialist health care services to women, men and families including maternity services.
- Forward Thinking Birmingham is the city’s mental health partnership for children and young people aged 0 – 25 years.
- Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust runs City Hospital, providing care in the west of the city, plus other cross-Birmingham specialities.
- Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides community and specialist services across Birmingham.
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust provides a wide range of specialist services from the following Birmingham hospitals for older young people and adults in different areas in the city:
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital based in Edgbaston.
- Good Hope Hospital based in Sutton Coldfield.
- Heartlands Hospital based in Bordesley Green East.
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital based Northfield; specialist orthopaedic hospital for bone and joint disorders and works at local, regional and national level. The hospital also has a Young Person’s Centre.
Your local NHS Commissioners
Birmingham and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for commissioning the majority of healthcare for the people of Birmingham including GPs, acute hospitals, community and mental health services.
Some families live on the border between Solihull and Birmingham and can experience difficulties accessing health services because they can be slightly different depending on the area. The CCG has worked with parent-carers and health partners across Birmingham and Solihull to develop principles to apply in these situations as a move towards a more borderless system.
Feedback on Health Services
Find out the appropriate route to take to give a compliment, concern or complaint about a local NHS hospital or community service
Healthwatch Birmingham provides a local independent way for you to feedback about any care you or your family receive.