Transitions and Preparation for Adulthood service works collaboratively across Birmingham to help young people transition into adulthood. We want to improve outcomes for young people by connecting them to services and community projects in their local area. We support young people and younger adults with multiple risk factors, such as those who are homeless, have mental health difficulties, have endured trauma, are at risk of causing harm to themselves or who are part of the criminal justice system.
This service is subject to the young person being eligible. If you are unsure if you meet these criteria, then please contact us.
You must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have Additional Needs
- Have statutory health and social care assessments
- Have received a young carers assessment in the last 12 months
- Are in care or who have left the care system
- Are attending Special Schools and Special Colleges
- Are a household member, aged between 16-25, who lives with a young person receiving PFA support
- Have endured trauma and / or have mental health difficulties either diagnosed or undiagnosed
- Have a vulnerability that could pose a risk or cause harm to themselves or others
- Are at risk of offending
- Are at risk of being exploited
- Are currently part of the criminal justice system (CJS) as an adult or young person either in custody or in the community
- Are leaving the CJS or a statutory service who require support
- Are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness
- Need support in at least one of our four key areas:
– Friends, relationships, and community
Make an enquiry
If you have any enquiries, please email the Transitions and Preparation for Adulthood team.
Contact Number: 0121 808 0028