Timetable for the SEN Post 16 transfer process
Summer Term onwards – Year 10
- Attend open days at appropriate Post 16 placements and apply directly to the setting
- The colleges need to inform SENAR of all applications received from young people with an EHCP
By end of Summer Term – Year 10
- School Careers Adviser arranges a full careers guidance interview and issues a Career Action Plan for all those with an EHC Plan
- School or placement SENCO arranges the annual review meeting in order to complete the annual review form and if needed, make changes to the EHCP
- Student, parent or carer completes the Post 16 preference form and sends it to Birmingham City Council
- The current school or placement sends the completed EHC template, Career Action plan, up-to-date school reports, annual review report form and the student’s preference form to SENAR.Transfers@birmingham.gov.uk
By February – Year 11
- SENAR will consult with placements about student’s preferred options
- SENAR will also consult with other appropriate placements that are in the student’s local community if necessary
End of February – Year 11
A notice of amendment and a letter of intent will be sent identifying the intended Post 16 setting to be named in Section I of the EHC Plan. You will have 15 days to make written representations to the proposals.
On 31 March – Year 11
- Final or amended final EHC Plan will be issued to name the young person’s allocated Post 16 provision for September 2022.