SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY SEND TEAM
The Birmingham Project – Survey
Please complete our survey to help us to improve the outcomes for children and young people with speech, language and communication needs in the area.
We work with children and young people with speech, language and communication difficulties.
We can provide settings with support and advice to enable them to support children and young people with SEND. We can also signpost parents, schools and settings to services and resources and check if a child is under a Community Health Service.
There is an allocated therapist for each locality and district across the city.
How we can help
- Support and join your child’s school or setting’s individual school multi-agency planning meeting.
- Support schools and settings in identifying an appropriate universal and targeted support for SEND, enabling them to identify any training needs and to purchase appropriate resources to support their provision and build upon good practice.
- Support schools and settings to put the required support in place, before a referral is made to the NHS Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Offer professional development and training via consortia meetings, to build skills and confidence in supporting children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.
- Support parents and carers via citywide Family Forums and webinars, offering advice and strategies to try at home
- Forms of contact
- Family forums
- Individual school multi-agency planning meetings
- SENCo drop-in sessions
How to access the service
Schools and settings can access the service by:
- Booking a drop in consultation
- Liaise with your Pupil and School Support teacher
Parents and carers can access further information and support through the following:
- SALT Advice Line: 0121 466 6231 Mon to Fri 9am to 4pm
- SALT Webpage: bhamcommunity.nhs.uk/childrens-SLT