Pupil and School Support

We are a team who provide advice and support around children and young people with cognition and learning difficulties. 

Pupil and School Support Banner

Advisory teachers for cognition, learning and specific learning difficulties

About us

We work with children and young people with cognition and learning difficulties, and specific learning difficulties. 

How we can help

  • provide support for parents and families, 

  • help schools to identify issues early and provide the right support, 

  • offer advice and support to settings to develop good practice,

  • provide advice to schools and settings on strategies to enhance teaching and learning, including early years and post-16,

  • support to understand children’s SPLD and cognition and learning needs,

  • professional development and training for settings to support children and young people.

Forms of contact

  • Telephone 

  • Email 

  • In writing 

  • Attendance at meetings

  • Support at family forums and drop-ins

How to access the service