How to apply

If your child or young person has Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND) and has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), or other specified needs, you can apply for free school travel assistance to help them to get to their nearest school or college by using the online application form below. 

We recommend that you read the Travel Assistance Policy for 0-25 year olds in education before submitting your application.

You will need to supply:

  • EHCP (Education Health Care Plan)
  • Supporting evidence, in absence of EHCP – any relevant supporting documents such as behaviour support plans, incident reports or previous risk assessments in addition to any health & social care information and plans
  • If a wheelchair user, the wheelchair specifications including make, model and measurements
  • If applicable, Epilepsy Care Plan, Behaviour Care Plan, Asthma Plan, Allergy Care Plan and any related health care plans
  • Proof of Income Related Benefits

The documents should be recent (under 2 years old).

Contact details

The opening hours of the Children and Young People’s Travel Service are 7am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please call 0121 303 4955 or email us with any queries regarding your child or young person’s school transport.