Libraries are an important feature of most communities and can be found across Birmingham.
According to The National Literacy Trust:
“Children who go to a library are twice as likely as those who don’t to read well.”
Our libraries offer much more than just reading books though, including events for children and young people, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
The library offer for SEND families:
- Open access to whole families. No need to register, join or pay to use
- Trusted, neutral space
- Free resources, wi-fi, computers, books, space to meet
- Online services and resources co-produced with SEND colleagues
- Library Services within your local area
- Open over school holidays, Saturdays and evenings
- Programme of events, including story/craft sessions, reading challenges, reading groups, class visits
- Access to other services and professionals within multi-agency buildings
You can find out more about the libraries in Birmingham, including how to join here.